• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax PCF 10x50!? (1 Viewer)

owlcity

Hi there:t:.
I am new here and have a quick question about Pentax PCF WP 10x50 binoculars. I'd like to know what's the difference between Pentax PCF WF vs. Pentax PCF WP II. The model is 65808 for PCF WP II and 65803 for PCF WP.

Also can anyone tell me where are they made?

Thanks in advance!;)

Hi ! 'PCF WF' ? do you mean 'PCF WP' there is no 'PCF WF' version. If you do mean PCF WP then they are both Chinese made porro binoculars. The earlier Pentaxs from the 1990's were Japanese made. The PCF 11's came out about 2005 and replaced the PCF WP. The PCF WP 11's and are the current versions. The differences are more cosmetic with superior twist up eyecups - the WP's were 'pull out' and were more prone to movement. The 'twist and click' versions lock better in position. There was a slight change to the body shape and the diopter control. The PCF WP11's also weigh very slightly more also. Optically they appear to be the same. The PCF WP 11's 10x50 Pentax offer good optical and build performance. They have a 5 degree Tfov and a 50 degree Afov which is not 'wide' however most of the image is very usable.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks for response chris.
I bought a few Bushnells and wasnt happy with them. Today I purchased these. Pentax PCF WP10x50 according to the seller.

From your response, I understood that Pentax PCF WP 10x50 were made prior to 2005?
Also do you think I made a good deal overall?

Thanks again.

Hi yes they are the 10x50 PCF WP's not the latest WP 11's. That is a fair price for a quality 'new' Pentax 10x50 WP porro bino. There is still new 'old' stock out there still of the earlier PCF's. Just ensure they are 'new' ie. never been used as they are 5 years 'old'. Just ensure the eye cups are firm under pressure when using them. You have the option of a return policy if they are in any way faulty. Otherwise you should get many years [if not decades] pleasurable use from them.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back