• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

700 RC2 head (1 Viewer)

norman

I am thinking of buying the manfrotto 443 carbon fibre tripod with the 700rc2 head,but I have heard that this head has been known to snap,can anyone confirm this.

Norman, I use both the 128 head and more recently the 700 rc2 when I want to keep the weight down. Used currently on a mag fibre 055pro with an ATS80HD. No problems to date. It seems to cope with the weight and also being carried with scope in situe
Just my twopeneth

Bill

I've got the 700cr2, and I like it a lot. Like Bill, I use it with the scope in place all the time.

It seems very robust: I would expect that you'd have to abuse it cruelly before it snapped...

Where have you seen reports of the head failing? I can't remember any such observations on here.

I use the 700rc2 on a manfroto 190Nat3 tripod with a zeiss 65mm diascope and lug it up and down the fells with no problem. It must have taken a bit of a bash to snap

barry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back