• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax DCF ED 10x43 (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

After recieving finally, after yr's of procrastinating my Nikon SE 8x32 (which I truly love) I'am once again bewildered by how well my ED Pentax performs in regard to one of the best binocular's of all time. I remember the day I purchased the ED, after a couple of hr's of discriminating trials with more expensive brands I kept going back to the Pentax! The view was there not huge fov mind you but color, resolution detail they had it all! The Dealer was, well let's just say he couldn't believe what he was seeing!!! He hadn't even tried one out??? He figured it was an SP with a little different body style, which he liked just didn't think they were quite up there with the other's. Needless to say I bought that Pentax right then and there! The Dealer also said he was going to order more right away, and he figured he could sell a bunch of them?!!! So now as all of the other ED glass begins to surface Zen, Pro and the like at much cheaper prices it leaves me no choice but to get one!!! Thank's Guy's, still I will always love my Pentax 10x43 ED's what a view!!! Bryce...

I know what you mean...

I own a Pentax DCF ED 10x50 and Nikon SE 12x50, and others. I am amazed everytime I compare the Pentax DCF ED 10x50 with the Nikon SE 12x50. For handheld use, I prefer the Pentax because I find that I can hold it more steady and get a better view because of less shake. However, the Nikon SE 12x50 comes out on top when both are mounted rock steady on tripods. And when rain may be in the forecast, there is no question--I take the waterproof Pentax every time.

...Bob
Kentucky

I guess I should have spent a couple hundred extra. I now have two 10x, but I did not apparently need the Promasters if I had got the ED instead of the SP.

I like the handling of the Pentax, only the price drew me to Promaster.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back