• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kenko 300 teleplus ext/canon zoom (1 Viewer)

MDJ

Has anyone tried using the Kenko 2X teleplus pro 300 DG extender with the canon EF 100-300 1:4.5-5.6 Zoom AF usm lens?? I know its not the best as you lose light and possible autofocus. Has anyone done it?? I'm waiting to get a 500 or 600 lens which I cannot get at the moment and hopefully Canon will come out with something new and a little cheaper. So, was trying to use a short cut for now. Just love taking birds and wildlife. Using a canon EOS rebel G which I hope to add a digital in the future.
Thanks

Last edited:
Kenko 300 teleplus ext/canon zoom- Where is it

MDJ said:
Has anyone tried using the Kenko 2X teleplus pro 300 DG extender with the canon EF 100-300 1:4.5-5.6 Zoom AF usm lens?? I know its not the best as you lose light and possible autofocus. Has anyone done it?? I'm waiting to get a 500 or 600 lens which I cannot get at the moment and hopefully Canon will come out with something new and a little cheaper. So, was trying to use a short cut for now. Just love taking birds and wildlife. Using a canon EOS rebel G which I hope to add a digital in the future.
Thanks

Where is this thread on list? Cannot find it?

Hi MDJ

Generally you'll only get decent results using a 2x tc with a prime lens. I use a 2x tc with my Sigma prime on occassions and can get reasonable results, but certainly not as good as the naked lens. I think with a consumer zoom lens you will see an obvious deteriation in image quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back