• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buying a Tcon17. (1 Viewer)

Tockman

Hi Guys,
Where in the UK, would you suggest I buy a Tcon17 tele-converter and adapter, to fit my Lumix FZ20?
I know some members have bought from Pemaraal, any info/etc on buying from the US, much appreciated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Alan

Hi Alan,

I bought from Pemaraal - Tcon 17 and PA55H adaptor, and the whole experience was quicker and cheaper than I would have got from any UK supplier (assuming you could get an adaptor in this country in the first place).

It really is as simple as going to www.pemaraal.com, selecting the items you want (which I reiterate are much cheaper than the best UK price I could find), select the delivery type (there's an "expedited order" option which I would recommend) and from order to delivery took less than a week - most of which time was taken up by UK Customs, who caught me for the VAT!

Even with the VAT though, it was still cheaper than buying the stuff in the UK (banging on about that, aren't I? ;))

It was of course, hugely entertaining to track the parcel through the US, across the Pond, into the UK and to my front door, and I'd use Pemaraal again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Tockman said:
Hi Guys,
Where in the UK, would you suggest I buy a Tcon17 tele-converter and adapter, to fit my Lumix FZ20?
I know some members have bought from Pemaraal, any info/etc on buying from the US, much appreciated----
I bought a Tcon from "The Digital Camera Company". Very impressed with their service. www.digital-cameras.com They are based in Guildford, Surrey. Tel: 0870 777 8550

I ordered over the telephone, and spoke to a real person straight away. I like the fact they have a "proper" address too. The Tcon was delivered the following day. I paid £79.00

Excellent service, in fact I ordered a second Tcon from them, after mine was dropped and smashed! I have also bought an Oly750UZ camera from them, and the Lens adaptor too.

Regards

Tockman said:
Hi Guys,
I know some members have bought from Pemaraal, any info/etc on buying from the US, much appreciated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Alan

I bought mine from Amazon, it took a couple of weeks to come but I think it cost about £65, I got the adaptor from them as well.

Steve

Thanks everyone,
Just what I wanted, will check out and purchase soon.
-----------------------------------------------------

Alan.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back