• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poor blurry photo, Warwickshire UK (1 Viewer)

villager

A friend sent me this, all they could tell me was that it was "about twice as big as a blackbird". I'm guessing it's a mistle thrush though it looks a bit odd?

Attachments

• 20140308_155331 (2).jpg
    20140308_155331 (2).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 288
Thanks, I didn't consider Fieldfare because of the urban location, but it certainly looks more like one than my original idea!

It´s a Mistle thrush. What I am seeing on the picture is exactly what I see when I am focusing my scope on one of those bird.

I'm going to stick my neck out here again and reckon it is a Mistle Thrush with its head angled looking down at the ground. Can't see anything that says Fieldfare and also its location on a front lawn area and the current mild weather conditions make Fieldfare doubtful!

Though I was wrong last time!

Shane

Have been sent another photo today (can't post it the moment, on phone) which is definitely a Mistle Thrush. Thanks all, nice to know I got one right for once :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back