• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift gone already 30th July 2011 (1 Viewer)

Bit of a pleasant surprise this morning whilst writing up the paper rounds at work. I heard the unmistakeable sound of screaming and rushed outside to see SIX swifts belting across the sky :t: Not just passing through either - they continued tearing across the Market Place all morning and were still doing it when I left work at 12.30 :king:

We still have one Swift present. I watched it for over an hour last night before it went under the tiles above the kitchen window at ten to eight. It didn't reappear so must have spent the night there.

Just seen it again and its gone in the roof again. Must be the latest we've had one still nesting.

I reckon they left from my street around the weekend. On Saturday evening I saw about twenty chasing around in very tight flocks (almost like Starlings) but haven't seen any since.

I think I can safely say they have gone from my area. That's not to say I won't stop looking. Had one on the 28th last year, very late for this region.

Si.

Wonderful to see a loose flock of twenty or so, plus a few other ones and twos, this morning, with our Hobby amongst them.

Saw one Swift yesterday with a number of Swallows and House Martins on my local watermeadow. Haven't seen any over my house for some time though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back