• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some early efforts! (1 Viewer)

Swifty49

Scouse Scoper
I found these in a box in the attic and thought I might as well stick them on here for fun. I did them around 30-odd years ago, when I had a fad for a bit of watercolour painting.

I think I got the proportions and colours about right, but fine detail is poor.

Apart from a few landscapes and still-lifes of flowers, I haven't done anything since. Too busy with birding, flyfishing and flytying and a 1 yr old grandson!

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 75
  • tit.jpg
    tit.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 66
  • sparrow.jpg
    sparrow.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 67
  • chaffinch.jpg
    chaffinch.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 60
  • nuthatch.jpg
    nuthatch.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 52
They are excellent I particulary like the Sparrow, I know what its like trying to find time for everything i havent done any painting for a while now either.

Very nice - great that you unearthed these! Hopefully they will motivate you to get started again, despite all the other things in your life.

must have been a thrill to come across these after all this time - they show a lot of skill, nice clean and strong lines, I'm sure you wouldn't regret it if you managed to find a spare moment to pick up a brush again.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back