• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sri Lanka early January 2013 (1 Viewer)

wintibird

André Weiss
Opus Editor
After having visited South India several times I would like to go to Sri Lanka. I'm already in contact with some local companies. The plan would be to do a 10day tour to see all endemic birds, some of the wintering guests (like Pied Thrush or Kashmir Flycatcher) and with some luck Leopard.
Prices seem to be a bit higher than in India, 10 days with a driver would be 2700 USD, with a guide and a driver 3800 USD. However, being two, three or maybe four prices per person would drop down considerably.
Planned time would be early January (most possibly starting on the 31st of December). It's easily possibly to add some individual days in a nice beach resort (that's what I will do with my wife who will join me after the birding trip) and to do some whale-watching.

I'm a keen birder, so early starts and long hours in the field expected, including some night birding for owls. However, there is always time for a chai, a beer or a good talk when there are no birds around....;). And the food is said to be delicious...

Anyone interested?

André

Andre...I have thought of Sri Lanka.... haven't gone that far as to put a date on it yet but I know the rainy season is a good time to go... Those prices do seem a bit on the high side, i thought I saw different...anyhow...let me look around a bit... back at ya, jim

Have a look at Jith's site: Walk with Jith. We travelled about with him last year and had the best time ever! Brilliant guy. Can't join you, though :(

Dates and everything is fixed, starting on the 31st of December in Colombo to the 9th of January. Main goal are all endemics, some cool migrants and leopard. If anyone wants to join: 850 UK Pounds / roughly 1350 USD (excluding lunch) would be the price. I will add some days in the south for Whalewatching with my wife.

André

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back