• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Home made feeders (1 Viewer)

viley

viley
hello everyone, I am new to all this, but hope to keep in touch with your news. evie[/Quote
I have 3 homemade cages stuck to my window and have bluetits and robins enter and eat the food inside.. plus the starlings trying to steal the food with their long beaks...but have no idea how to send a photo (or video) of them to the forum ..can someone give me an idiots guide as to how keep in touch etc from evie

Hi Evie and welcome back. I moved your post to the Bird Feeder forum, as I'm sure everyone there will be interested to see what you have done. I subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it.

Now to your question, a few hints here:

Resizing
Using your preferred Photo-editing program and with your picture active.
1. Select the image menu
2. Select image size. The box that opens will allow you to alter the size of the image, for Birdforum the maximum allowed is 900 pixels, so make sure the longest dimension of your picture is no more than this.
3. Save a copy of the image in an easy location to find, it’s a good idea to rename the picture as well so that you select the correct one later on.
4. As part of the save you will be asked what quality you want the image to be, to keep the file-size down, never select highest quality, medium is usually quite adequate.

Uploading
1. In Birdforum and in the post where you wish to add the picture
2. Click on the Manage Attachment button that is below the message box
3. Click the browse button in the box that opens up, and then navigate to your picture.
4. Click the upload button and your picture name will appear in the Current Attachments box that will open below the upload box.

There is a maximum of 5 pictures per post, but no limit per thread.

I hope this helps, but please come back if you need more assistance.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back