• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Buy both and return the one you don't like..." REALLY? (1 Viewer)

Dennis I`v no doubt you are a capable judge of any binocular, but your opinion is just too inconsistent to carry any weight taking the long view.

A shame you can`t learn to be more gracious to other`s with equal knowledge on this forum (I don`t include myself).
Does that mean you are admitting you don't have equal knowledge?

To everybody but dennis...

When dennis showed up, I mostly started to ignore this thread, but when I see how many times he's popped up, I though it might be good comic relief to take him off ignore for long enough to see what was up. Just the same old same old...dennis being dennis.

I would advise everybody to use the ignore. He is what he is, and he does what he does because that is what he wants to do, and unfortunately we give him just the reaction he needs to keep it up. Too many people, even (maybe even particularly) including me, before I wised up and put him on ignore, waste too much time they will never get back trying to "fix" him. That ain't gonna happen. He has so many posts that illustrate his idiotic inconsistency that there are too many to post up, let alone waste any more time looking for. Been there, done that, and I'm not gonna go back there. Even the amusement level has left the building.
You can't stay away though can you. Even though you don't like what I say you find it interesting. HaHa!

It no longer baffles me that you continue to spout opinions as authoritatively as you can, about so many things you haven't even tried.

Case in point the Rick Young harness.

Another case in point: You have never tried the 10x32 Swaro. You have never tried the 10x32 ZenRay. I have, I own both and can test them side-by-side and often do. They are keepers for me, not something I'm going to tire of and get rid of.

For my eyes and my criteria, the 10x32 ZR is 90-95% percent as good as the 10x32 Swaro, in my opinion, in all areas that matter to me. Considering price it is an outstanding value. I also own one other ZR, the 10x42 Prime, and it's also a keeper for me, considering "bang for the buck".

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just that I no longer give any of yours any credibility.
10x32,8x32 or 10x42 does it make that MUCH difference? I have tried enough Zenrays to know they are not a Swaro. I think people try to convince themselves they are because they really can't afford to spend $2K on a binocular but in reality a Zenray is not a Swaro. I won't waste my time on any more Zenrays as far as I am concerned they are a CPOS. To be honest I can't stand the feel of the armouring on Zenrays. They just feel cheap.

Last edited:
After reading Dennis' latest contradiction, I've decided that Steve C's Ignore List advice is probably for the best. Typically I prefer to correct fallacious information as opposed to simply disregarding it, but I think at this point most already disregard Dennis' nonsense with or without other's input.

Happy birding,
Justin

After reading Dennis' latest contradiction, I've decided that Steve C's Ignore List advice is probably for the best. Typically I prefer to correct fallacious information as opposed to simply disregarding it, but I think at this point most already disregard Dennis' nonsense with or without other's input.

Happy birding,
Justin
Did I hurt your feeling with the Zenray comment? Sorry, that is honestly How I feel about them.

These days I don't feel that most dealers really frown on returns unless they are excessive. Amazon for example wants you to feel free to return items if you don't like them. Some people abuse the policy in different ways. I have heard of people who buy a bunch of stuff from Amazon and then sell it out of their trunk on the street and then return what they don't sell.

an interesting thread has been hijacked to a hate dennis thread

can we get back to binoculars?

edj

Please note the thread was hijacked by dennis, as happens with every thread he shows up in. Besides, I don't hate him, I just recognize him for what he is.

One small request from a dennis ignorer, would the rest of you good people stop quoting him? That way the ignore can be complete. B :)

Please note the thread was hijacked by dennis, as happens with every thread he shows up in. Besides, I don't hate him, I just recognize him for what he is.

One small request from a dennis ignorer, would the rest of you good people stop quoting him? That way the ignore can be complete. B :)
Quite the contrary it was hijacked by you. You don't like something I say so you interrupt the thread by name calling. What I don't understand is if I am on your ignore list why do you not IGNORE me. I am glad you are ignoring me. You don't add anything to the thread but some negative comment so in the future PLEASE ignore me. I like it that way.

It works! HaHa.

This message is hidden because He Who Shall Not Be Named has posted nothing worth reading.
What if we all ignore each other? Then nobody will get mad because they will only have to read their own posts and if they say the Zenray Prime is 95% as good as a Swarovision nobody will disagree with them. No problems anymore. For some reason when I criticize Zenray binoculars certain people get very mad on this forum and I am not sure why. It's not my fault Allbinos ranked the Zen-Ray ED2 8x43 20th out of 23 binoculars or 3 places above the Tasco or that the latest Cornell Review gave the $860.00 Zenray Prime HD 8x42 a 3.8 on optical clarity which was matched by even the COMPACT Zeiss 8x20 or beaten by the $300.00 Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 and even my little Swarovski 8x30 CL was better. Not that good for a flagship binocular that is supposed to be competing with the alpha's is it. It is what it is.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/bbimages/lb/2013/autumn/bins/Binocular_review_full_spreadsheet.pdf

http://www.allbinos.com/allbinos_ranking-binoculars_ranking-8x42.html

Last edited:
The whole subject can be summed up with a little logic. If the vendor is ok with the try 3 return 2 deal, then if your conscience allows, go for it. If the vendor says no, then don't.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back