• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 to Confirm Singapore (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

Can I have confirmations and one ID please of these 3 birds photographed to day at the Botanical Gardens, Singapore.

1. Mangrove Pitta
2. Red Legged Crake
3. Not sure not the best picture Yellow-bellied Prinia.

Mike

Attachments

• Mangrove Pitta.jpg
    Mangrove Pitta.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Red Legged Crake.jpg
    Red Legged Crake.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 91
1 and 2 correct
3 looks like a female Sunbird but need to look closer than can on my phone when get home to see which one

It is not an Olive-backed Sunbird. Even with this blurry shot, the bill is wrong, the colour is wrong and the pale eye ring is wrong for Olive-backed Sunbird. With those features, it is a female Brown-throated Sunbird.

It is not an Olive-backed Sunbird. Even with this blurry shot, the bill is wrong, the colour is wrong and the pale eye ring is wrong for Olive-backed Sunbird. With those features, it is a female Brown-throated Sunbird.

I agree with Brown-throated. Olive-backed's feet should be black.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back