• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Active X (1 Viewer)

frank

When i open some web pages i get a small blue shield appear and a message which reads, This site might require Active X control; Macromedia Flash player 8 from Macromedia inc,Click here to install.
I wont install this because i dont know what it is.do i need it and if not how can i get rid of it.Its starting to bug me.

Thanks Frank

As far as I know, ActiveX is the Microsoft name for javascript.
If you have Windows XP or 98, look in Internet Explorer Tools/Internet options.security/internet/custom and check whether it is enabled.

It is safe to install Flash player what the active x control is basically it allows outside companies to install automatically software to your system. Since SP2 update for XP Microsoft have put a blocker stopping this because many spyware/adware/trojans were using it to get onto computers.

The thing with many web pages now adays is they all have Flash small animations and some pages r all flash built. Install the player it is safe and wont harm your system and it will open areas of web pages up for ya.

Don't however install anything else many sites use this method to install harmful stuff to comps.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back