• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (9 Viewers)

couldn't make today. Dave J at Moors has had a Goldenplover circling around. wigeon 3. pintail 3. jack snipe. siskin 3. and a few mipits and redwing moving through.
Rob G at Flasbes had 30 redwing over

just got back from early start, lovely morning.looks like a good day|=)||=)|
pic 1 excitement turned out to be a greensand
pic 2 day break

Attachments

• PICT4501.JPG
    PICT4501.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 99
  • PICT4498.JPG
    PICT4498.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT4499.JPG
    PICT4499.JPG
    585.8 KB · Views: 106
just got back from early start, lovely morning.looks like a good day|=)||=)|
pic 1 excitement turned out to be a greensand
pic 2 day break

People just don't realise how gorgeous the sunrise is over the flashes. Everything else got mobbed after you went by rooks and jackdaws. Bullfinches showed well between cuckoo hide and the bridge. Also 2 redwing showing well in the berry trees.

Dave J had 5 singing cettis at Moors and Tim had 3 in Flashes area. Allowing for one duplicated , would be at least 7 singing males.

Dave also had a redpoll and 1 little egret at Moors.

after 8

Dave J had 5 singing cettis at Moors and Tim had 3 in Flashes area. Allowing for one duplicated , would be at least 7 singing males.

..........so how many singing cettis is that exactly;)? and as for the 7 singing males that reminds me of my thoroughly enjoyable afternoon yesterday at the Small Heath reserve or should I say the reserves?!!

Sorry couldn't resist3:)

Have a great day fellow birders! BTW Love the banter on this site.

Attachments

• Image1[1].jpg
    Image1[1].jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 60
At what age do male Cetti's Warblers start singing - could this be the males from this year's broods that have yet to disperse plus say two resident males or an influx from elsewhere? Estimating numbers can be difficult when birds are calling from the southern edge of the Education Reserve which could be recorded both when visiting the Flashes and the Moors Pool.

Anyone know what sort of numbers are currently present at Brandon Marsh as a comparable population?

Last edited:

There were two Cetti's in the sluice area at the moors yesterday morning, which at one point were interacting around the scrub just beyond the cage-feeders. Only one these appeared to be singing, so potentially male and female.

Nothing much else to add to yesterday's sightings other than a couple of Goldcrests, a Meadow Pipit on the deck at the Flashes briefly and a couple of Grey Wagtails. Not spectacular, but a decent number of species present - 60 including the Green Sand and Golden Plover that I didn't see.

..........so how many singing cettis is that exactly;)? and as for the 7 singing males that reminds me of my thoroughly enjoyable afternoon yesterday at the Small Heath reserve or should I say the reserves?!!

Is that anywhere near the south coast???:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O

There were two Cetti's in the sluice area at the moors yesterday morning, which at one point were interacting around the scrub just beyond the cage-feeders. Only one these appeared to be singing, so potentially male and female.

Nothing much else to add to yesterday's sightings other than a couple of Goldcrests, a Meadow Pipit on the deck at the Flashes briefly and a couple of Grey Wagtails. Not spectacular, but a decent number of species present - 60 including the Green Sand and Golden Plover that I didn't see.

Did you see the Bullfinches and fieldfares along the track to the flashes.Both showed very well yesterday.

south coast birder 1ST post ever and you find your way to the upton warren site for footie banter;) very strange surely you would go west midlands then Birmingham but no you hit on this one so come clean and have the foot balls to state your real name 8-P 8-0 though JTB think you should follow fishing son:t:

Yes they were defo our reserves out yesterday:-C and certainly no singing males from our end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back