• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camcorder + DSLR or Comcorder and DSLR (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

I want to by DSLR ( have only analog SLR yet ) and a new Camcorder ( have Sony DCR-HC 1000 yet ).
Mostly I use camcorder for movies and somethimes I take bird pictures for identification ( comcorder has only 1 megapixel ).

Now I think about D 300 with lens e.g. 70 - 200/ 2.8 and maybe 1,7 or 2,0 converter + macro lens e.g. sigma 150/2.8 .
Also new camcorder, because i have very good expirience with Sony ( ppor expirience with Canon ), I think about
Sony HDR-CX 11
maybe
Panasonic HDC-SD 300 EG

2 systems because I red DSLR with video functionalty has still problems with movie processing and the sound is much worse than camcorders.
On the other hand camcorder is not made for picture, even it is possible with 10 megapixel. But for detailed plant pictures ( >80 % of my pictures ), I suppose D300 is much better .

Any expirience or suggestions ?

Thank You very much.

Best regards
Dieter

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back