• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slik Pro 700DX, need opinions... (1 Viewer)

gwsudiro

Indonesia
Galih,

I may be of some help but not much.

I don't have the model you linked. However I do have the Slik Pro 300 DX. Based on the picture it appears very similar to the model you referenced. The quick-detach plate is shaped slightly differently but the head looks almost identical. The legs look similar but the 700's seem to be slightly "beefier".

I have been using it with one of my mid-sized spotting scopes and, occasionally, with binoculars. For those purposes I don't have any major objections to it. The Pan and Tilt head is certainly acceptable for my applications but it is not as smooth as a fluid head such as the Manfrotto model I have mounted on another tripod.

I have no clue how to convert currency but the 300 DX was less than $100 via Amazon. I certainly feel it is worth that price and a bit more.

Hi ..I used to have the 700DX ATM a while back..It is VERY large..A tall,sturdy tripod,not too heavy for its size,and very well build...the legs are of thinner material than the legs of a manfrotto 190 ,to mention a model that is well known, And although I never had a problem with mine, I can see one leg getting dented easier than the manfrotto that I just mentioned..The locks are excellent,and the operation pretty smooth...The collar lock for the center column is a but tricky,but i never had to extend the column not even a cm,..as a matter of fact always left the legs a bit shorter than full length...im 5.10 and the tripod is WAY taller than me with legs and column extended,which is probably good for astronomy use..The Three way head is ok,but not what I would recommend for a large pair of binos.I have seem the tripod legs-only for sale in many online sellers..a gimbal head or a good fluid video head are probably what you want to smooth and precisely move a large pair of binos....

Last edited:
hi Frank, hi Mayoayo...^_^

thanks for the opinions, I think from your answer, this tripod package seems OK.. my main consideration is price factor and smooth operation ....I hope it works as expected...B :)

maybe another alternative (same price range) ? :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back