• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

321st (1 Viewer)

Szabo Jozsef

I know it's not a race, but I've counted also my life list for Romania, and I've saw my 321st in 7th of May the Black Eared wheatear. THe place is so far the best I've ever seen regarding wheatears, in a circle with a radius of not more than 300 m you can find all the wheatear species breeding Romania (and I think I'm right if I say Continental Europe): Isabelline, Black Eared, Northern (of course) and Pied. What was also interesting in the same day was a strange, presumably hybrid, wheatear of which's picture I've posted on Bird Identification Q&A under Wheatear ID.
I have to reccon that it took me around 8 years to see my 321st! Hope it wont take that long for the next!
Jozsef

Well done Jozsef - terrific to have all those Wheatears in one place (I think you're missing Black Wheatear of the continental species though!).

That sounds a great area for wheatears, Joszef, and I think Romania must be superb place to visit in general. I saw a delightful male Northern Wheatear near my house last night but that's the only species we get here in Iceland.

E

Congratulations, Jozsef! It has taken me 14 years to get only 297 in Japan. And I just got my first wheatear (Northern) last week! (all wheatears are accidental here).

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back