• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Transferring user guide from PC to USB stick (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

I really haven't used Windows 10 a great deal and I'm struggling to find a way to transfer a camera user guide from my PC to a USB stick. Either that or a way to send the user guide to an android tablet. Doesn't Windows 10 use drag and drop any more??

I just don't want to have to start up the PC every time I want to access the instructions for my new camera. I use my tablet every day so would be much easier. I'm sure there is a very simple way!!

Many thanks
Amelia

Amelia,
My camera manuals for two Canon, one Nikon and one Lumix are on both my android tablets having visited the appropriate website ( google camera brand, make and manual ) you should be offered a pdf download.

Russ

USB cable connecting PC & tablet should mount the tablet as an external drive - copy on to there with Windows Explorer? (Windows key + E)

It might be called file explorer. Find the file, Home on left has Copy button, open a folder on tablet and Paste there.

Amelia, I'm like you a windows 10 novice and try to avoid using a laptop for anything other than storing photos and access to a 'full featured' bird recording package and with no disrespect to mathare and tero a quick download direct to tablet takes the PC, laptop, USB stick, USB cable and windows out of the equation completely!! Let us know how you get on.
Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back