• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony Ericcson (1 Viewer)

steve wood

Hi all.

Awaiting the arrival of my Nikon P5100 so the Phone will have to do.
Anyone else tried using a Mobile phone to Digiscope with???

Here is a few shots of my Girlfriend in deep concentration trying to get a shot of a very patient Juv Peregrine.

The bird was approx 70metres away from us out on a cliff edge.

Hope you like.
30062008011.jpg
DSC00372.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

The bird was approx 70metres away from us out on a cliff edge.

If nothing else, your cell-phone photo gives me an excuse to delve in my wonderful new book, Birds of Europe, by Mullarney et.al., a Princeton Field Guide. This is the best bird book I have seen, better even than the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America.

Was it a Peregrine Falcon?

A few people have given phonescoping a try with mixed results - here's a few threads - Phonescoping

I keep meaning to give it a go myself one day.

That link didn't work for me, try this;

http://www.birdforum.net/search.php?searchid=4874947

I've been using Sony Ericsson k800i in preference to the old Nikon Coolpix 4500 for a long while now, since the zoom broke. (Takes quicker pictures, lighter and easier for hand held digiscoping). See examples in my thread in above link . . .

phonebinning (potentially easier than digibinning);

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=114865&highlight=phone

Good luck Steve, et al :t: (not that it's necessary of course . . . ;) )

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back