• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blade Runner 3-D printed binoculars (1 Viewer)

Widen the box a bit and you could have a lens pointing behind you too for that totally wide angle 360 degree field of view. That should really excite those that like to 'let their eyes roam from edge to edge'.

Lee

Yep, huild it into a drone and it could hover in front of the user taking selfies from every angle. o:)

Lee

So a printable 8x56 Noctovid with silky-smooth and free of slop focusing is only a matter of months away??

And in olive!

LGM
LGM,

I don't know about months, but it seems the the way 3-D printing is advancing who knows if one day there will be a 3-D printed binocular? The first attempts are very likely to be crude and rudimentary as in the example in the link. Maybe components of various sorts first. 3-D printing or not I don't think there will ever be a slop free focus. That definition just varies too much.

Steve:

A slop free focuser is easy. Think Nikon......Nikon.......;)

Jerry

By your definition and preference. However yours is yours and not somebody else's. I see some people who seem not to notice and others who seem to imagine it exists...just because it must be there. Not everyone certainly, but there is a certain subjective definition that defies description. By the way Maven focusers are better than Nikon...;)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back