• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm almost there (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Today I put the winning bid on a Nikon coolpix 990. Now I suppose I will just stare at it for a few weeks when it finally arrives. B :) My disposition leans toward the side of never reading a manual and learning things the hard way. This time, I vow to do some reading first.

I'm with you KC. I can't read a manual to save my life. I try but once out in the field I am back to square one.

I bought my 990 just before Xmas. How much did you manage to get yours for?

Hi John. I paid 425 plus 35 s&H as it is coming from Canada.

I don't know whether it is because I am reading contracts and briefs all day or what but it takes me forever to finally open a manual that comes with something I buy. When I finally do you will hear me say "oh, that's why it did that or oh, that's what that little icon means"
I honest think I bought this camera cause it comes with a cheat sheet3:)

KC,

I am with you. I would rather rather play than read! :D

Btw. Good buy. It is a good camera and will serve you well in Birding.

KCFoggin,

I am looking at a Nikon 990 this weekend, so if I get it we could help each other along and start a 990 learner's club thread on this forum sharing new innovations we have stumbled across?

I think that is a great idea Andrew. I sent off my cashiers check today and sent it international express so hopefully I will have it in about ten days. Can't wait either.

Good for you K.C..... You'll probably spend a week or two complaining about it's menus and things after using the Oly... but I really think it's the best camera to start digiscoping with.
The very best digiscopers stick to their 990's ... Laurence Poh, Ooi Beng Yean and Ann Cook to name just three.
I know you'll let me know as soon as you receive it :t:
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back