• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Increase in bird life in my garden (1 Viewer)

louisberk

Since the beginning of the year there has been a significant increase in bird life in my back garden. On Friday, a fairly typical day I observed a Robin, at one point in time eight Starlings, a pair of Blue Tits, a Great Tit, a Coal Tit, 3 Goldfinches and an elusive and shy Goldcrest. There were also a pair Blackbirds flitting around. The only thing absent were the flock of Ringnecked Parakeets which have been flying in and out of the garden for some time.

This is all in my garden in a fairly central part of Camden Town in London.

Later in the day I walked down to the Camley Street nature reseve, which is near King's Cross adjacent to the Regent's Canal and saw very little bird life by comparison. I think I glimpsed a Long-tailed Tit at one point but it was very elusive. There was a single swan and couple of Coots mooching about.

At present my back garden seems to be more active than the nature reserve!

LouisB

Mine has had a bit of a quiet spell too birds only going to one feeder and hardly touching the coconut feeder which is one of their favourites. I am sure it will pick up soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back