• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Commute List - Record Broken (1 Viewer)

Great thread! A really creative way to squeeze birding into daily life.

50 species must be an achievable target (perhaps of a combined there and back commute?)

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike.
Maybe in spring: but 15 was the total this pm.!

By 3:30pm things are heading for roost at this time of year.

A last post on this thread until Spring, I think (unless something amazing occurs!).

A good 17 today - 10 of those before I left my garden, nothing of note - and, as usual, very quiet today.

I've had a few sightings - very briefly each time - of possible Long-eared Owls over the last few weeks, and my first Yorkshire Fox the other day. (Site not disclosed - this is the first I've seen in four years of being here - like BOPs , Foxes are exterminated around these parts.)

Ah!! Well in that case... may I wish you and your family a very happy New Year H2 B :).

Though I do hope you get something special on your commute, so as not to keep us waiting too long;)

Well this afternoon was a great commute - with a Red Kite coming fairly low over the road.

That only brought he total to twenty, even so.

Well - spring has arrived, and with it the birds are returning to the moors and tops.

Yesterday no fewer than four Stonechats graced the roadsides and the waders are coming back - Lapwings, Curlews and Oystercatchers yesterday.
Even the first of the Meadow Pipits have returned and a few songsters heard from the car included Goldcrest.

Yesterday the commute list was above 30 for the first time this year - & the day before three species that I failed to see (Moorhen, Red Grouse and Lesser black-back) were on the total of 29.

More to come.

Still little else to show - with just Swallow being the summer migrant representative today (though I should include Linnet with that.)

37 was a good show despite the cooler day today.

Finally over 40 for the first time this year - with several 'extras' making themselves seen or heard.

Quite a few Willow Warblers, a few Swallows and a Sand Martin new for the year (except a Swallow of several weeks ago now!) Plus Chiffchaff making up the summer visitors.

On top of that a Little Owl perched right by the road - seen only in my rear-view mirrors! And a Reed Bunting and Tree Sparrow - both rare commute birds made up a total of 41 yesterday.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back