• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

They're Back! (1 Viewer)

humakt

I was just sitting on the back step eating my brekkie when i saw something hopping around in the shadows of the spruce tree at the bottom of the garden.
It looked very small and unlike anything else I've seen there. I nearly wrote it off as a wren, but the two wrens in the garden are much bolder than that and rarely lurk in the shadows.
Then the stranger flew up to one of the branches and started sniffing around the needles and cones.
Then the sun caught it and I saw what it was.
The goldcrests are back!

The previous couple of years we've had goldcrests nesting in two spruce trees at the bottom of the garden, but I hadn't seen them at all since the middle of last year.
I assumed they'd either moved on or nature had taken its toll. A few times I thought I heard their high-pitched call but thought I was mistaken, since they were often visible and they hadn't been seen for some time.

But no!
They're still here!
We still have our goldcrests. I'm so pleased they're still with us.
Little buggers still won't sit still long enough, or in a good place, for me to get a picture of them though.

They are such wonderful little birds but as you say, they rarely sit still long enough for a photo. We get them here most of the year round as we are surrounded by perfect habitat. I hear them more often than see them mind you. Great news for you :)

Lovely visitors to have! There's been one in our garden this afternoon, but too flighty for me to get a photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back