• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica quick relase plate - DH1 head (1 Viewer)

fmorais

Hi all.

I have a Leica trica tripod with a dh1 head.
I use it for my leica scope, but I sometimes need to use my superzoom camera on it.

So, I was thinking on acquiring a second quick release plate, to make it easier to change from the scope to camera and vice-versa.

Can anyone point me to a website where I can buy something like this?

Is the Gitzo GS5370C the part I'm looking for? Are there some non official plates out there I can use?
I am thinking that a plastic or composite one would be more than enough for a light camera.

Thanks
Frederico

Is the Gitzo GS5370C the part I'm looking for? Are there some non official plates out there I can use?
I am thinking that a plastic or composite one would be more than enough for a light camera.

Hi Frederico,

as the DH1 is identical to the Gitzo 2180, I guess that's the plate you need. I have never heard about any plastic plates fitting these heads. But perhaps it could be useful to order one of the longer plates available for your head, part number #GS5370LC or #GS5370MC, if you need more space for balancing the scope, for instance, with a mounted camera. In that case you could use the old plate for the superzoom.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back