• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More great Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Moocher

I often speak with praise about Opticron. It's only fair, as if I felt they were not looking after my interests as a customer, I would be the first to publicly "throw them under the bus!" So, I feel when they treat me not just well, but exceptionally well, I should speak up about it.

I have a SDL MK1 eyepiece. The twist-up eyecup mechanism consists of two pins directly opposite each other. Excessive use has caused the twist-up eyecup to have slight lateral movement due to wear, the eyecup kind of hinging on the two pin mechanism. This is not an issue in normal use, but when trying to hand hold a smart phone to the eyepiece, resting it on the eyecup, slight movement can cause a problem.

I mentioned this to one of the Opticron representatives at bird fair. He asked me to get in touch after the show and he would see what could be done. I only contacted Opticron about it a week or so ago. Within a few days, a brand new improved three pin twist up eyepiece mechanism arrived by post FOC.

It's now fitted and has solved the small problem I had..

The bottom line, Customer Service doesn't get better than this.

Cheers Opticron, all the best for the New Year.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This is not an issue in normal use, but when trying to hand hold a smart phone to the eyepiece, resting it on the eyecup, slight movement can cause a problem.

I am glad you got your problem solved..I was going to suggest to try to use a dumb phone instead,since they tend to move less around

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back