• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (3 Viewers)

Its all starting to pull together here Arthur, A great piece if I may say so......All this time ive been playing with single birds, loose sketches with even looser watercolour, but this has given me some sencible thoughts about what direction I should take, not keep buggering about with loose stuff, but actuially try to do a tighter and more detailed watercolour....and the trick is, as youve proven, little bit at a time....

Its all starting to pull together here Arthur, A great piece if I may say so......All this time ive been playing with single birds, loose sketches with even looser watercolour, but this has given me some sencible thoughts about what direction I should take, not keep buggering about with loose stuff, but actuially try to do a tighter and more detailed watercolour....and the trick is, as youve proven, little bit at a time....

Looks like a wimmer. What a lovely comp...

Can almost see the finihed piece, it's going to be on of your best to date I think Aurthut, will tune in soon for the next installment....

Looks like a wimmer. What a lovely comp...

Can almost see the finihed piece, it's going to be on of your best to date I think Aurthut, will tune in soon for the next installment....

Ta Alien gladd yu licked it and tink its a wimmer two

Hope you take it in the same humour as I read yours Alan?

Arthur.

So this is in a new medium - I think this suits your style very, very well, your watercolours are great as they are, but gouache just seems to suit your way of working better, I really can't wait to see this one finished.

A Bohemian Party

Gouache 22" X 30"

A comp. of the two waxwings which dropped into the garden for about twenty minutes.

Attachments

• L1150129.jpg
    L1150129.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yep, Love this one, shows them off well..................each has a character of its own, but all works well with eachother...
Think Ill stick to my Watercolours for now Arthur, need to learn one trick at a time methinks....but applause for this one nevertheless

worth the wait - simply beautiful piece - would be great as a design for a xmas card. Excellent work once again.

Gorgeous painting Arthur. No need to discuss composition, colour, jizz or whatever - it's just a wonderful celebration of birds and the thorough enjoyment of seeing them.
Excellent.

That's the way waxies are - there's a tree full of berries, then come the waxwings, and lo, there's a tree full of birds! Charming painting. :)

And did I say already that the latest barnie is simply wonderful! I've been admiring over and over again the way you've painted the texture of the feathers.

Elina

Thank you all for your kind comments.
Some goldie sketches from this morning.it was snowing and the feeders were
full so some decided to have a go at the dahlia seed heads just by my window.

Attachments

• L1150138.jpg
    L1150138.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
  • L1150131.jpg
    L1150131.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Especially love the second pace! The one on the branch is full of character, and the in-flight ones are ace, they really are flying!

Elina

Last edited:
Nicely done, I wish they came to my feeders more often. It seems they like the rain and they turn up in groups of five or six for a couple of days then move on and it can be weeks before I see them again.

Mike

A water colour of a couple of characters from the garden.
Wrenny who nested in one of the flower baskets and hides behind the wall clock if any signs of danger.
Mrs Blackcap looks docile but when feeding on the mealworms she's the boss, take on anyone.

Attachments

• L1150240.jpg
    L1150240.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 44
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back