• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron gs 665 (1 Viewer)

bobblejack

Bobblejack
I have now managed to pick up an opticron gs 665 (non ED) on ebay with 27× HR eyepiece which I hope to upgade in the future. Should I be able to just unscrew the eyepiece from the body or is there some knack that I don't have? I have tried but it doesn't seem to want to move. I don't want to force it without asking the question. It may be just a tight fit. The last thing I want to do is damage the 'scope through ignorance!

Hi Bobblejack - I moved your post to the Opticron forum as I think you'll get a better response there.

I've also subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it.

The HR eyepiece should just unscrew so that you can upgrade it. If you are having any problems then give the guys at the Service Dept a ring Tel: 01582 726 522

Thanks, Chris. I've tried again since and still can't shift it by hand. It may come undone with the help of a wrench with appropriate protection. I have no need to remove it at the moment so I will leave well alone for now.

Yeah. The scope I bought was 8 years old, apparently, so I wondered if maybe the eyepiece had never been removed in that time. I was a bit reluctant to apply too much torque in removing it in case I damaged the eyepiece or body. Fortunately I did neither. Hopefully I will be able to upgrade the eyepiece at some point in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back