• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iscoping proves its worth again (1 Viewer)

Moocher

Went to Gloustershire today to see the Red-Flanked Bluetail. What a beautiful bird it is. I was there for first light and very quickly a large group of birders had gathered. No doubt, like me, they had been hoping all week at work that this UK rarity would hang on for the weekend.

The bird gave great views, but rarely moved out of cover. I struggled with my camera, as the autofocus couldn't cope with the twigs and branches. I wanted a record shot, so tried the iPhone hand held to the SDL eyepiece on my HD66 GA ED. The phone and scope allowed me to leave with a few decent record shots and a very pleasing HD video of this great bird. I keep threatening to try a proper iPhone adapter, one may be useful to take along when birding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 195
Yes, I still highly rate this scope Ratal. It's a great image and has got me a record shot when my camera couldn't on many occasions.

Thats what counts. Does it get you the connect and record when all else fails. If it does, worth its weight.

Taken with an iPhone 4S through the New Opticron MM3 ED with HDF Zoom today.

Nice capture. Did you hand hold the phone or use an adapter? I am feeling the urge to do some more phone scoping. Just fitted my HDF 40809 eyepiece to my scope. Now just need some decent light to put it through its paces.

Very nice indeed good Sir. Hand held with the phone is bloody tricky, so kudos to the capture.

what an absolute belter of a bird. :t:

Thanks Ratal. It wouldn't leave cover when I was there. I was surprised how well this video turned out. A nice record of a memorable bird.

More iscoping with my Opticron Scope today. HR66 GA ED and iPhone 4S. Phone hand held. (I am more than willing to field test one of Opticron's new iPhone adapters if anyone from Opticron would like to send me one |;|)

Pair of Stonechat, at Middleton RSPB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 97
More iscoping with my Opticron Scope today. HR66 GA ED and iPhone 4S. Phone hand held. (I am more than willing to field test one of Opticron's new iPhone adapters if anyone from Opticron would like to send me one |;|)

Pair of Stonechat, at Middleton RSPB

B :):t:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back