• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell GlassesOn 7x35WA info & advice please (1 Viewer)

The-Wanderer

I have a pair of Bushnell GlassesOn 7x35 WA bins that cosmetically, are in a sorry state but I cannot find any information about them. Fin Tao's website seems to be down.

The bins were covered with grime, most of which I removed with white spirit but I also tried with acetone. This removed grease but, unfortunately, damaged the surface of the bins, although they are still usable.

The rubber around the central focus rod has long since gone and so I am using a pipe hose circlip and this works fine but is ugly.

The optics are a joy, bearing in mind that I am not that critical a viewer.

I would appreciate receiving any info on the specifications for the bins and how to proceed to replace the rubber on the central focusser.

Thanks to anyone who can assist. I live in Mid Sussex, England,

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back