• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (1 Viewer)

Back at last with some sketches from Kelling water meadows

Attachments

• L1030266.jpg
    L1030266.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 54
  • L1030267.jpg
    L1030267.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 56
  • L1030269.jpg
    L1030269.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 44
  • L1030275.jpg
    L1030275.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 59
Nice work on the snipe, Arthur! I need to go find a few of these birds - haven't sketched them before, but they do sit pretty tight before flushing, so I might actually have enough time to do them justice.

beautiful Arthur, really impressive, you have gone to new levels your birds have real mass and dimension here and a lovely range of darks and lights

Arthur,

A warm welcome back friend!

By pic 4 you nailed the Snipe. That perticular set of sketches is the "Snipe Spirit Distilled."

Love it very much...Hope to see more!:t:

Nice to see your sketchbook opened for all and sundry, once again, Arth. Some lovely work there is too, here. I alway make a hash of cryptically plumaged birds by over-doing them. This is an example of capturing the essentials and leaving well alone. I can hear someone saying 'discipline, my lad, discipline'!

Russ

thankyou all still thinking about a snipe pic.
contemplating this one on a post when I get to grips with the plumage.
These are the last two I did of a SEO a few years ago

Attachments

• L1030437.jpg
    L1030437.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Seo5.jpg
    Seo5.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Short eared owl.jpg
    Short eared owl.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 44
Great start on the new one, and nice job on both the earlier pieces! This winter in our area is shaping up to be an irruption year for Snowy Owls - numerous sightings already. Although that is always exciting, the Snowys prey on Short-eared Owls when they are in our area - so the year(s) following Snowy invasions see a sharp reduction in SEOW numbers. Kind of ironic...

The pencil sketch and the portrait of the flying 'shortie' are excellent pieces, Arthur. As Colleen say, the plumage on the flying bird has been masterly rendered, sir!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back