• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What are EL 8x32 T binoculars? (1 Viewer)

Winterdune

There is a pair on EBay at the moment but I have never heard of the 'T' designation (as opposed to 'WB' etc) before - does anyone know what they are and when they might have been manufactured? I'm in the market for a pair.
Thanks
Sean

That sounds like an error in the description. Zeiss is the only company that uses
T*, in their name description, coatings.

I would ignore it. Good luck these are a very nice binocular.
In my opinion, one of the most ergonomic models ever made.

Jerry

The box label does indeed say 8x32 T. I suspect the T stands for traveller for the bin which is a chocolatey sort of colour. They were made in 2010 if I read the serial number correctly fromthr box.

I just checked the green Swarovski box my wife's Tan 8x30 CL Companion Traveller came in. It says: CL COMPANION 8X30, but there is a little picture of a brown 8x30 CL Companion on it. These were made in 2012. The box label does not have a "T" on it. :smoke:

Bob

Last edited:
I just checked the green Swarovski box my wife's Tan 8x30 CL Companion Traveller came in. It says: CL COMPANION 8X30, but there is a little picture of a brown 8x30 CL Companion on it. These were made in 2012. The box label does not have a "T" on it. :smoke:

Bob

The brown one is probably the limited edition CL Africa with bronze color eyecups and a very nice waxed cotton bag.

In color blue it is the limited Polaris edition.

The regular CL 30 comes in three colors: green, black and sand (which is the Traveller).

Jan

The brown one is probably the limited edition CL Africa with bronze color eyecups and a very nice waxed cotton bag.

The regular CL 30 comes in three colors: green, black and sand (which is the Traveller).

Jan

Launching at Bird Fair in August is the CL in green and brown (not camo) and called Amazon. Its another limited edition and will be for sale only to ladies over 1.8m / 6ft tall. It comes with both a soft leather field case and a black velvet evening case with Swarovski Crystal encrusted snap-fastener and a pair of matching earings.

Lee

Jan

Jan,

The packing slip that came with it says it is a "CL Companion 8x30 Traveller."

I suspect that the brown colored one shown on the box is not an accurate representation of the Binocular's tan color.

Bob

Jan,

The packing slip that came with it says it is a "CL Companion 8x30 Traveller."

I suspect that the brown colored one shown on the box is not an accurate representation of the Binocular's tan color.

Bob

Bob,

Looking at old boxes you're right.
The current boxes show a photo, instead of a drawing, and is much more accurate.

Jan

Launching at Bird Fair in August is the CL in green and brown (not camo) and called Amazon. Its another limited edition and will be for sale only to ladies over 1.8m / 6ft tall. It comes with both a soft leather field case and a black velvet evening case with Swarovski Crystal encrusted snap-fastener and a pair of matching earings.

Lee

Mmmmm, you're in denial.
I'll bring something nice for Troubadouris in August:eek!::eek!:

Jan

Mmmmm, you're in denial.
I'll bring something nice for Troubadouris in August:eek!::eek!:

Jan

You are right: I deny everything. It wasn't me officer, I was somewhere else at the time.

The Amazon edition sounds daft but I suppose the green represents the jungle and the brown stands for the waters of the Amazon river, and of course there was the legend of the tribe of tall warrior-women called Amazons which is where the selling to only tall ladies comes from.

Troubadoris is suitably intrigued by your statement :t:

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back