• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife of Missouri Artwork (1 Viewer)

Rainbow Trout

October has been such a beautiful month here in Missouri that I've spent very little time doing artwork. Finally, however, I did complete this watercolor of a "Rainbow Trout". This is one of my largest paintings at 22"x28". I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• rainbow trout.JPG
    rainbow trout.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 56
Ringneck Pheasant

Here's my latest watercolor of a "Ringneck Pheasant". I've done several paintings of this wonderful bird but it's fantastic colors and markings are always difficult for me to capture. This is the largest painting of one I've done so far at 12"x24". Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• ringneck pheasant.JPG
    ringneck pheasant.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 52
"Cardinals and Blackberries"

I just finished this watercolor of beautiful male and female northern cardinals among blackberries. Appropriately titled "Cardinals and Blackberries", this painting measures 20"x24". I hope you enjoy it. All of my latest artwork will be on display at the Missouri Department of Conservation Nature Center in Springfield, Missouri, from December 1st through 29th. If anyone reading this happens to be in the area, check it out. Thanks.

Attachments

• cardinals and blackberries.JPG
    cardinals and blackberries.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 47
Leopard Frog

I barely finished this latest artwork before I pack up for my exhibition November 30 through December 29 at the Springfield Conservation Nature Center. This is a "Leopard Frog" watercolor measuring 16"x20". I was fortunate to sell my first rendering of this beautiful amphibian, so I felt I must paint him again. I hope you're pleased with the results. Thanks.

Attachments

• leopard frog II.JPG
    leopard frog II.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 41
House Sparrow

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted anything, but now I'm back in the saddle and working on several projects. I just finished this quick study of a "House Sparrow" which may be preliminary to a much larger work. This one measures 11" x 14" and can be viewed along with all my other artwork at tombosewatercolors.blogspot.com . Enjoy.

Attachments

• house sparrow.JPG
    house sparrow.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 46
Great new additions to your post! The magnolia and cardinal pair are so beautiful! And I really like how you done the pheasant, getting those beautiful colors without doing too much details!

Love the house sparrow - one of the unsung beauties of the birding world! Great thread all round - thanks for sharing your work.

Wild Turkeys

In my humble opinion, wild turkeys are one of the great wonders of the natural world, and Missouri is blessed with an abundance of these beautiful birds. Although they may have been introduced elsewhere, they remain uniquely American. Here's my tribute to these fantastic creatures. This original watercolor measures 22" x 28", so it's one of the largest I've done. Enjoy.

Attachments

• wild turkeys.jpg
    wild turkeys.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 46
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back