• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony pc350 (1 Viewer)

michaeln

Hi,
I've thinking of getting the Sony PC350 and would like to know if anyone has used it for VideoScoping?
I've a Spidertech adapter for my ziess scope and was wondering if it is possible to use that with the PC350. The adapter has a 28mm thread and the camcorder a 30mm thread. Looking on the web I didn't find and 30-28 convertor rings - do they exist? If not, is it possible to combine a couple
of rings to hook up the two.

thanks
-Michael

Hi Michael,

Not sure if you have had an "official" welcome so, welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin.

I am afraid I can't help with your question but hopefully someone will be along soon who can.

You got to use a 28 to 37 and a 37 to 30 back to back. I don't know any 28-30 ring - the diameters are too close. The penalty is a couple of millimeters gap to the scope, but I don't think it will make a big difference.

Michael,

srb film (a company based in Bedfordshire) will probably do a 28-30 step down or up ring, as I have a 28-30.5 from them, and they are cheap too.

cheers,

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back