• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binostore-anyone use (1 Viewer)

edwincjones

the Binostore.com ,? Italy, has been advertising a lot recently.

has anyone used?
your experience with them?

edj

Last edited:
the Binostore.com ,? Italy, has been advertising a lot recently.

has anyone used?
your experience with them?

edj
I almost ordered some Swaro 8x25 CL-P's from them because their price was good online but I found out how much the shipping and customs charges were from Italy and I cancelled them. If you are in the USA don't bother!

I don't think Swarovski Optiks USA will cover the warranty if it comes from outside the US. But I can be wrong on this.

Mike

I am looking for a Zeiss Hard Leather Case for my zeiss dialyt 8x56-they seem to be the only one listing it.

cannot find any reviews

Binostore Italy

After much debate, we bit the bullet and tried Binostore. We ordered a Swarovski spotting scope. It actually was pretty painless. There was a small hangup at customs.. but that's not binostore's fault.. it's just customs. We just had to fill out a form stating what we were buying. If the purchase is over $2000 then you may have to pay a duty.. but it seems only 6-8 percent, less than sales tax really and the price break still saved us hundreds. The package arrived FED EX and they helped us navigate the customs issue. It arrived within a week.. even with the clearance delay. I think we'll probably buy from them again, just keep the purchase lower since we probably will have to pay the duty fee for the scope. The price made it well worth the small hiccup in customs and the package was exactly what we ordered. We emailed them with questions several times and they always responded quickly.
PROs price and speed. It come's FEDEX so you can track it easily
CONs no phone number until you pay.. we used paypal and a credit card for extra protection. Clearance delay at customs due to description and price, may have to pay duty if over $2000

Rinhigh ..... Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to post your experience with the Binostore. It is good to hear things went well.

I looked up the new new Zeiss SF 10X42 and under the Package Contents section, it says it includes "Battery Chargers" (I assume one for each barrel!) Now I think I know how Zeiss achieves that 92% light transmission. ;)

Assuming their are a few more comments to show the place is legitimate, I see this being a useful site for us in the US when wanting a model that did not make it across the pond. For example, they carry the Terra in that cool looking blue color but possibly more significant is they offer the Swarovski 8X56 SLC not sold here (but no battery chargers |=(| ). However as mentioned by Mike, it will mostly likely be necessary to ship it back to the motherland if warranty service is required.

I do not know about custom fees and taxes, but the the check out chart showed shipping to the US for the Zeiss SF 10X42 or the Swaro at only $13.00.

After much debate, we bit the bullet and tried Binostore. We ordered a Swarovski spotting scope. It actually was pretty painless. There was a small hangup at customs.. but that's not binostore's fault.. it's just customs. We just had to fill out a form stating what we were buying. If the purchase is over $2000 then you may have to pay a duty.. but it seems only 6-8 percent, less than sales tax really and the price break still saved us hundreds. The package arrived FED EX and they helped us navigate the customs issue. It arrived within a week.. even with the clearance delay. I think we'll probably buy from them again, just keep the purchase lower since we probably will have to pay the duty fee for the scope. The price made it well worth the small hiccup in customs and the package was exactly what we ordered. We emailed them with questions several times and they always responded quickly.
PROs price and speed. It come's FEDEX so you can track it easily
CONs no phone number until you pay.. we used paypal and a credit card for extra protection. Clearance delay at customs due to description and price, may have to pay duty if over $2000

ridnhigh: Do you pay duty on the amount over $2000, or the 6-8% duty on the total amount? Like Bruce, I have been interested in the 8x56 Swarovski SLC HD that you can't get in the U.S. (Swarovski says it is a 'patent' issue). Swarovski did tell me that any bino/scope purchase would NOT be covered by SONA, but would be covered under their European warranty & would have to be shipped back.

Last edited:
I don't think Swarovski Optiks USA will cover the warranty if it comes from outside the US. But I can be wrong on this.

Mike

You are correct. Products imported from Europe by the end consumer don't get warranty coverage from US distributors/offices (this is the case with Leica, Swaro, and Zeiss). So a pair of Swarovski binoculars purchased at binostore.com, do not come with any after-purchase support from Swarovski Optik North America. You need service, you go to Italy or Austria.
We get this type of inquiry quite often as you can imagine.

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

Was about to place an order for the exact same pair as the first poster - the 8x25 Swarovski - a nice pocket complement to my 8.5x42s. The warranty isnt a big deal for me as i am from the UK even though i live in the USA. I was more concerned that it was legitimate store. Even with customs duty these 8x25 are on at 556 USD vs 819 USD buying from any of the major US stores (eg BH photo). And 12 bucks shipping fedex.
So is this too good to be true? ;) Am assuming customs dont actually hold your goods, they just hit you with a bill right? Or do they hold them until you pay up....? Anyone else had customs experience with this sort of thing? I'd be shipping to NY (office) or NJ (home). Am guessing the state doesnt make a difference though.

Good birding
Dom

Anyone have any more feedback regarding binostore and U.S. Customs?

When i spoke to the Store in italy they said they were no longer able to ship Swaro to the USA due to dealer regulations (not a surprise if you think about it). They did offer to ship to the UK but that would mean 20% VAT tax upfront, and having to get a family member to send them over to the US, so in the end i didnt get them. Shame. I would have taken the risk on the US customs adding 8% or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back