• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EagleEye adaptor for Opticron SDL eyepiece (1 Viewer)

davidg

Does anyone use an EagleEye adaptor with the Opticron SDL zoom eyepiece? I have an adaptor that I used to use with my main Kowa scope, all it needs I think is an alternative insert 'collar' for it to fit my back-up Opticron. Unfortunately this eyepiece isn't listed on EagleEye's website. I'd appreciate any help.

davidg said:
Does anyone use an EagleEye adaptor with the Opticron SDL zoom eyepiece? I have an adaptor that I used to use with my main Kowa scope, all it needs I think is an alternative insert 'collar' for it to fit my back-up Opticron. Unfortunately this eyepiece isn't listed on EagleEye's website. I'd appreciate any help.

I use an Opticron ES80 GA ED with the same eyepiece SDL Zoom. I also use the EagleEye adapter as I find the Opticron one that I brought was too large , clumsy and didn't seem to fit correctly.
I had difficulty finding an insert collar to fit , as you say there is nothing listed for that eyepiece.However a friend let me try he's which is made for the Swarovski eyepiece and it fits . The Type code is L1 and its £19.95 on their website.

markho said:
I use an Opticron ES80 GA ED with the same eyepiece SDL Zoom. I also use the EagleEye adapter as I find the Opticron one that I brought was too large , clumsy and didn't seem to fit correctly.
I had difficulty finding an insert collar to fit , as you say there is nothing listed for that eyepiece.However a friend let me try he's which is made for the Swarovski eyepiece and it fits . The Type code is L1 and its £19.95 on their website.

Thanks Markho - just the information I needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back