• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm still here (1 Viewer)

Vectis Birder

Itchy feet
Sketching has very much taken a back seat over the past months or so and I have ended up doing far more photography instead. My good intentions for late 2007 and so far in 2008 went west.

As I have said on here before I do a bit then I get these huge blocks that go on for months. It's annoying. :C

However, the sketchbook and pencil did come for a walk a couple of weeks ago and the rusty efforts you see below are the result.

Attachments

• sketches.jpg
    sketches.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 128
:hi: Vectis- hope you have been having some fun. Nice to see you sketching. I'm not doing alot of bird work myself at the moment but try to fit abit in and keep up with all the fantastic work on the forum- it seems to get better and better - very inspiring.

Nice sketches Vectis...I work much the same way...sometimes with huge time lapses in between...whatever works for you...love the little sketch bottom right...

Hey VB, welcome back from the dark side! I find, if I don't get any sketching done for a week, I get grumpy!

Mike

Hey VB welcome back. Just do it where and when you can! OOH EERR Missus
......You know what I mean really . There is nothing worse than having
a block . However I force myself to do something and that usually shifts the
prob. Welcome back anyhow.

glad to see you back - hope you'll be sticking around! Love the shape on the brent, they really are b*ggers to draw at times (haven't tried for over 10 years!) They remind me of chess knights sticking out of the water when they swim.

glad to see you back - hope you'll be sticking around! Love the shape on the brent, they really are b*ggers to draw at times (haven't tried for over 10 years!) They remind me of chess knights sticking out of the water when they swim.

Thanks Nick. I like drawing Brents, as they have such nice shapes.

I was messing about sketching Woodpigeons in the back garden yesterday. I'd kind of lost concentration after swilling a couple of pints of beer while sitting at the window, though. Here are the results:

Attachments

• wpigeon.jpg
    wpigeon.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 91
After a few beers myself this evening, I can only agree with the wise words from the learned gentleman.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back