• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please (1 Viewer)

JohnZ

I really need help ! I was quite happily going along churning piccie after piccie out, all the same size 720px x 542px, approx 8" x 6", and now disaster has struck. For whatever reason I can no longer do this as my photographic software seems to have taken on a mind of its own.
Instead of the normal size I produce I am getting very weird sizes. This may stem from the fact that I don`t even know how to change from the feather thing, which is directly under the filter, to the crop size thing.
Also when I save a piccie it does not take any account of the crop size so when I re-open it, it is full size ? I then have to resize it and that is when I get some very strange sizes appear.
I am currently using Photoshop Elements 3.
I really do need help please.

Last edited:
I really need help ! I was quite happily going along churning piccie after piccie out, all the same size 720px x 542px, approx 8" x 6", and now disaster has struck.
Well, for starters, it sounds like you have been changing your images to 720 x 542 pixels. I cannot tell from your post whether you are doing this via cropping or resizing. If you were doing it via cropping, my general comment would be that cropping should be done depending on the contents of the image, not some standard setting - i.e. you usually should crop for composition.

Also, if you are starting with images from a digital camera, you are cropping A LOT. Any reason for this? An image 720 x 542 is VERY small and really should not be printed at 8" x 6" (the rule of thumb is you need at least 200 pixels for each inch of print, so to print at 8 x 6 you would need an image at least 1600 x 1200.

If you are resizing instead of cropping, again, why are you doing it?

As far as picking tools in an image editor, usually you click on the tool you want and it becomes the tool you use. Don't know what else to say without more info.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back