• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red-eyed Vireo Song Variation? (1 Viewer)

Mars4096

Here is a recording of a bird I have not been able to get identified satisfactorily. This bird sings most days around our house so high in the trees that it is nearly impossible to spot visually. It sings as early as 6 PM in the evening and in the early morning, our sunset is at 9 PM. I live in North Bay, Ontario, Canada.

A local club member who has experience with bird songs believes it is a Red-Eyed Vireo. What you do think?

If it is a Red-Eyed Vireo it is definitely a nice variation of their song with the downslurred whistle at the end. Sorry about the silence at the beginning and harsh noise at the end of the recording. The harsh noise is a sick camcorder activating its saftey mechanism and stopping the playback prematurely.

http://users.vianet.ca/turbrent/miscel/unknownbird.mp3

I would probably go with Red-eyed Vireo also. IMO It is too fast for Philadelphia, definetly not Warbling, not coarse enough for Yellow-throated, not high and thin enough for Blue-headed. So i will probably go and agree with you on REVI also. To me they have a fairly variable song also, so thats probably what this is. But any experts around here please correct me if im wrong on this one.

BTW, welcome to bird forum

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back