• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many Owls? (1 Viewer)

Dave B Smith

This morning, my wife and I went for a walk in some wetlands near home (in Florida). We saw a flock of Palm Warblers, several Prairie Warblers, two pairs of Wood Duck, some Tricolored Herons with the bluest bills I've ever seen and then a pair of Great Horned Owls. One was facing us, the other looking away. We walked further down the path till we came to the inland waterway where we saw Laughing Gulls, Least Tern, and Great Blue Heron and then we returned the same way we came in. We got back to where we saw the Owls and looked at them again. My wife commented that they had each turned around and now the one on the left was facing away and the one on the right facing us. I corrected her and said no, it was the one on the left facing us and on the right facing away. After a moment arguing and watching the Owls, the confusion was cleared up. There was actually a THIRD Owl on the same limb (on the far right and facing us)! So we had great views of three adult Great Horned Owls! Now that's a great way to start the day.

I guessed as much, Michael. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch such beautiful creatures so easily? Ah, we can dream.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back