• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gambia tour companies RFI (1 Viewer)

jforgham

Birding for fun
Hi All,
Am planning a trip to the Gambia, primarily for birding and wanted any helpful advice about the 2 main guiding companies available there. I have had a look at both Oriole and Naturetrek, one being a tour whilst the other concentrating on the West of the country. Does anyone have helpful hints, experience of these etc that would help me make a booking?
Many thanks in advance.
best regards,
Jono

We have just returned from Gambia.

While I don't have experience of those companies, maybe it helps to tell you about ours. We paid roughly £80 a day for a driver and guide for 4 persons with Black and White Safari. Communication was sometimes an issue, and we felt we were paying too much. They also turned up on the first day with a vehicle without seatbelts, which was quickly swapped over on future days following our complaints. However, our driver Lamin was a very safe and considerate driver, which we valued more than anything. He was also knowledgeable about where to go, though we did have to prompt him a few times.

Full review of our experiences, and listing of other local birding guides in Gambia at at:
http://www.tourdriverfinder.com/gambia

I have just returned from a 14 day trip to Gambia and have photographed a fantastic range of birds including the elusive Finfoot at Georgetown. Our Guide was Ebou Barry of Bird Tours Gambia. He was excellent and found birds at an unbelievable distance and managed to find all my target birds. I am slowly adding my photographs to the Birdforum site. I will be posting a detailed report of my trip and can reccomend Ebou to anyone seeking a first class guide!

His contact details are Mobile (+220) 7161202
email: Email [email protected]
www.birdtoursgambia.com

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back