• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Edit Profile Picture (1 Viewer)

Adam69

Im trying to upload a picture on my profile I have set it to below the acceptable parameters but it keeps saying upload failed , any advice please.
My file is set at 75/60 pixels.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam

Do you mean Profile picture or Avatar?

Anyway, I wonder if you have reduced the file size enough... when saving, choose the quality "Medium", or "Save for web" whichever you have.

D

Hi Adam

I've just had a look at your current attempt. You can't do it as a link.

Save the re-sized picture to your hard drive, then upload from there via the Edit Profile Picture option in Control Panel.

Hope this helps.

D

Sorry to add to an old post, but I cannot figure out how to upload an avatar. I have googled to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry to add to an old post, but I cannot figure out how to upload an avatar. I have googled to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

click USER CONTROL PANEL.
on next screen click EDIT AVATAR & away you go.
here's some screen snaps to help

Attachments

• user control panel.jpg
    user control panel.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 56
  • control panel.jpg
    control panel.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 66
  • edit avatar.jpg
    edit avatar.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 50
Hi LL

The help from Moose should see you right now. Prior to your posts this evening though you would have been caught up in the New User Restrictions, which meant that you couldn't have an avatar until you had 10 forum posts.

If the ability to upload an Avatar still isn't there, just wait a little for the system to catch up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back