• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows 8.1 error messages (1 Viewer)

Brian Bullough

DIGIDOPE
I have windows 8 installed which was updated to 8.1.

A day ago the message "update cancelled undoing changes " (or words to that effect) it worked ok after that but when I started up today it would not fully load ,it bleeped and red light flashed 5 times (memory?) I carried out a power cycle which still did not work, and now I get messages such as.

"irQ not less or more"

"update bios or ME firmware "

"System thread not handled"
I would like to have a go at sorting this it seems the aborted update has caused the problem anyone any ideas or had similar .
Thanks in anticipation.
Brian

I have windows 8 installed which was updated to 8.1.

A day ago the message "update cancelled undoing changes " (or words to that effect) it worked ok after that but when I started up today it would not fully load ,it bleeped and red light flashed 5 times (memory?) I carried out a power cycle which still did not work, and now I get messages such as.

"irQ not less or more"

"update bios or ME firmware "

"System thread not handled"
I would like to have a go at sorting this it seems the aborted update has caused the problem anyone any ideas or had similar .
Thanks in anticipation.
Brian

I've not seen your issue. What I have seen is that when updates fail, the system will do a Restore and reboot itself.

Is it booting up? If not, try this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Then try the update again.
Good Luck!

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back