• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Majorcan Warbler ID - Zitting Cisticola or not ? (1 Viewer)

IanF

Whilst I ended up with 52 species from our holiday in Majorca, there were several more which I simply couldn't identify. This is one of them, though the photo isn't brilliant. From scanning the books a Zitting Cisticola looks possible?

Anyone help with this one. Sorry about the poor photo, it's a small bird and was a bit too far away.

Attachments

• pa095102a.jpg
    pa095102a.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 360
I've been to Majorca a few times and at one hotel we stayed at a pair were nesting in the garden. Personally I prefer the old name of Fan-tailed warbler. great pic by the way.

Thanks for the confirmation everyone. That was the best one of half a dozen shots. They are certainly very active little birds. I found the birds over there even more wary of people than ours back home meaning it was seldom you could get very close to them at all which would have been fine for scope work but wasn't to helpful for photos or using binoculars. I'll post a ful list shortly.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back