• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler please - London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
This was quite a distant bird, that, due to the hovering display, I thought was a Sedge Warbler. I'm now guessing that other Warblers display in that way too.

Anyway, it's obviously not a Sedge Warbler, Whitethroat was my first guess, but I can't quite match it up. The angle isn't helping, as you can't see the length of the tail.

Both pictures are heavy crops, but are the best that I managed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• P1730775R.JPG
    P1730775R.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 55
  • P1730773R.JPG
    P1730773R.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 101
quite right on Whitethroat Christken:t: and you are correct, quite a few warblers have display flights, Whitethroat and Sedgie most common but I have seen Blackcap and Lesser Whitethroat doing it too!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back