• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon ef 600/ f4 (1 Viewer)

foxydave

hi i brought this lense second hand but no instructions on the best settings any suggestions its the pre is model cheers dave

hi i brought this lense second hand but no instructions on the best settings any suggestions its the pre is model cheers dave
do you mean the focus range setting on the lens or camera settings for a long lens ?
a little confused on what your asking here .
Rob.

hi rob sorry mate i have taken some good shots but i dont understand all the settings i have just connected it to my 40d and gone out any help would be very welcome,cheers dave

well the main one that can speed up focus is the limit switch ,i have the 500f4 and i have it set at the long end so it will focus quicker as birds tend to be further away than the minimum focus distance.
If you have it set from the closest to infinity it can really slow focus down as it will rack all the way through the focus .
If you know your going to be close to the birds then pick one of the other limits .
Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back