• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon 2x ext.mk1/mk11? (1 Viewer)

spock

I have seen a 2nd hand canon 2x converter for sale, it's a Mk1,
the new 2x is a Mk11, is the Mk11, any better,if yes, in what way,and if I were to buy a 2nd. hand Mk1,would this be as good as a Mk11.

the new 2x is a Mk11, is the Mk11, any better,if yes, in what way,and if I were to buy a 2nd. hand Mk1,would this be as good as a Mk11.

the mk2 was re-designed optically but iv read there is not much diffrence in IQ .
the main diffrence is the mk2 has weather sealing, of cause this is only any good if the lens you put it on has it too.
Rob.

I think it is only the Mk II which will allow you to stack with a canon 1.4tc.(you cannot stack with a 2x mk I)

Ok, thanks for that,I have seen a 2nd hand mk1 for sale,so I think I will hang on and get the newer Mk11,as will most likely get the 1.4tc as well at some date,just waiting now for the camera shop to get the lens in....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back