• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

To Shoot a Mockingbird- QuickTime Video (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
With a camcorder that is.

Since i moved the suet to where it's more accessible to the mockingbird, he or she has been here quite a bit lately. He's even brought a friend. Yesterday while doing FeederCam, I saw two mockingbirds on my feeder. They did not both eat at the same time but took turns. And, I logged as much time looking at mockingbirds as I have the whole rest of my life combined probably. They are so elegant- thin and long and graceful. They remind me of Alex Trebeck- all suited up in gray and black with a flash of white.

And the grackles were here too- en masse. They are fascinating to me. I know that some people consider them undesirables, but I think they are cool. I love how loud and blustery they are- and how animated- and I think the iredescent colors are quite striking- Oh well- here you go.. feeder cam from Thursday.

iMovie

Fabulous, Alan! What wonderful footage of the mockingbirds.... I've never seen one before so they were almost mesmerizing.

I can't believe how many doves you have there!!!

Thanks Tammie- This is the first time since I've been feeding that I have been able to spend so much time with the mockers- I am infatuated with them right now. That suet surely did the trick. I love that stuff! I never realized how the bug eaters are drawn to it. Those two mockingbirds have been coming back several times a day now. I will keep suet available to them from now on. And now that they know where it is, they may bring their babies to it in the summer- I hope so. That would be great- baby mockingbird tape to show everybody.

Cheers, Alan

That's really cool. I've seen your posts but I haven't been able to view them until today when I got my new computer. Thanks!

Thank you- I'm glad (as you no doubt are) that you got a new computer!! It must have had QuickTime on it- Is it a Mac? that's what I use.

Glad you liked it

Cheers, Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back