• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cardinal watcher looking for a good vest (1 Viewer)

devonfletcher

I 'm from a small Town called Sandusky in Ohio, where I love to hike and enjoy nature. My wife Cheryl and I have an odd fascination with Cardinal's and love to photograph them on our hikes. It's starting to warm up a bit here, and were thinking about taking a short hike in the next week, but we have been trying to reduce our loads when we hike, and We have both been looking for either a cheap light weight bag, or a good vest with lot's of pockets. I have researched a little of both, but I am leaning a little bit more twoards a vest just because We go on smaller hikes more frequently and I think a bag would be a little much. I have seen some vest models fairly cheap from a website, and I liked the model, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience any of the photography vest that humvee makes? If So could you let me know if you liked it? Thanks for the help guys!! I hope everyone has a nice day!

Hi devonfletcher,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry that you haven't gotten any takers on your question. This subforum gets some pretty diverse questions. I notice that there's a thread at this link on vests. Or you may want to try re-posting your question on the clothing subforum.

It really can be a problem getting loaded down carrying too much when you hike - hope you find a good solution.

Second Fugl's experience with that vest. Big double side pockets allow for hefty bird guides and associated notetaking paraphernalia on one side, while optics and stuff go into the other. Worked very well in Panama and was comfy despite the heat.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back