• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the one lucky winner that we've already had could testify to the fact that it's all genuine...

well, I did get a USPS ship notification, so I'll let you know within a few days if I get a box of plastic peanuts instead of binoculars ;)

considering that they sell the Vistas for $129, I have to imagine their unit cost is much lower and giving away even 12 pairs is a pretty cheap marketing spend considering the exposure and buzz they are creating, and will be maintaining for, oh, three months?? :smoke:

well, I did get a USPS ship notification, so I'll let you know within a few days if I get a box of plastic peanuts instead of binoculars ;)

considering that they sell the Vistas for $129, I have to imagine their unit cost is much lower and giving away even 12 pairs is a pretty cheap marketing spend considering the exposure and buzz they are creating, and will be maintaining for, oh, three months?? :smoke:

I'll be the judge of that. ;)

As far I know there is nothing in the rules to stop you winning multiple times. I'm glad my neighbour isn't on the forum, she normally scoops up at least half the raffle prizes. Me, nothing. Still I live it hope.

As far I know there is nothing in the rules to stop you winning multiple times. I'm glad my neighbour isn't on the forum, she normally scoops up at least half the raffle prizes. Me, nothing. Still I live it hope.

the first post explicitly says that you can win more than once. It's even in bold ;)

Of course, I don't really need multiple pairs of Vistas, in fact I will probably give my pair away eventually (or relegate it to car bin if I like it better than the Vortex Fury I just bought). If I happen to win a second one it will definitely get donated.

that said, to create some productive content in the thread, does anyone know of any worthy organizations to which you can donate binoculars? e.g. an environmental advocacy NGO which trains field guides in a poor Latin American country so the local villagers can make money on ecotourism?

I will definitely post impressions... there will be a good frame of reference as I have on hand currently the Vortex Fury 6.5x32 for a competitive offering (currently the same price as the Vistas, although with a higher msrp), and Zen-Ray's 8x43 ED3 to compare their entry level to the high end.

although it's interesting that most reviews end up in posts and not the REVIEW section.... frankly I didn't even realize that was there.....

there have been just tons of binocular reviews / comparisons in forum posts that don't end up in that Review section.

hmmm, glancing at the review section, I noticed the RSPB WPG looks to be from the same lineage as the Vista and Vortex Diamondback. Probably not the first person to notice this, but hey, there it is.

Attachments

• vista-b-400.jpg
    vista-b-400.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 85x42_wpg1216116573_938.jpg
    85x42_wpg1216116573_938.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 28
  • bin-vt-d248-m_original.jpg
    bin-vt-d248-m_original.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 30
although it's interesting that most reviews end up in posts and not the REVIEW section.... frankly I didn't even realize that was there.....

there have been just tons of binocular reviews / comparisons in forum posts that don't end up in that Review section.

yeah it is a shame that not many reviews get posted in there... perhaps we need to try and get more people to use that section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back